Practical Dental Assisting of Oregon -

Recent Posts

Oral Health And Overall Health: Why A Healthy Mouth Is Good For Your Body
Tips for Becoming a Better Dental Assistant
Dental Assistants are Important
Fears about Dental Radiation
Fluoride in Young Children- New Guidelines


Dental Health
powered by



Although it is not required to obtain a license to become a Dental Assistant in Oregon, it is required to have certain licenses to perform specific functions, like taking x-rays.  There are two licenses that we recommend students strive to obtain:

-Expanded Functions (EFDA)

All licensing in Oregon for new students is administered through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)

Students have a lot of questions about licensing--that is why we are here to help every step of the way. We print, and even mail the applications for our students and assist in understanding the application process.

Weeks 2-4 focus solely on Radiology, and on the 4th week of class, the student brings in a patient to take their x-rays for their board examination.  The following weeks in class, the students perform all of the needed procedures to obtain an Expanded Functions license, among other procedures.  There are several tests that also come with each license.  These applications and tests are thoroughly reviewed in class.  Keep in mind the total cost of the recommended licenses is about $560 (though subject to change by the DANB), paid directly to the Dental Assisting National Board. 

If you have questions about licensing or any part of or program, feel free to contact us at (541) 908-0098 or email

1 Comment to Licensing:

Comments RSS
Visit their website info on Saturday, April 05, 2014 4:20 PM
This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed the information lot. I will bookmark this page. Thanks for sharing this important information.
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment